Uniwell Lynx can be set up to automatically complete certain tasks on a schedule. These tasks include typical POS communication functions, cloud export/email of Saved Reports, database backups, or a combination of these.
This tutorial will help you with the basics of creating a Scheduled Job.
Please note: For a Scheduled Job to be successful your computer needs to be on and operational with Uniwell Lynx running with none of its windows open. It can be minimised in this state. If your computer is turned off, in sleep mode or Uniwell Lynx is not functional when the scheduled job is due to occur, the job will commence the next time the software is run.
- Go to the Communications menu and select Scheduled Jobs
- Click the Add button
From this screen you will enter the information required to create your scheduled job. Below is a list of the basic information you will need to enter.
- Description - Enter an intuitive name for the job
- Date and Time - Select the date and time you want the job to occur
- POS Terminals - Select the POS terminal/s the scheduled job will apply to
- From the checkboxes along the top, select the job/s you want performed
- Select any job specifics from the option boxes below
- Click the Ok button to save
If you want a scheduled job to recur automatically:
- Click on the Other tab
- In the Schedule Repeat box, tick the Repeat Schedule checkbox
- Using the other checkboxes, select when you want the job to recur