The extract program function retrieves program information from your POS terminal and adds the records to your Uniwell Lynx database. If, for example, the software is being connected to an existing POS terminal than extract program could be used to import data from the terminal into the Uniwell Lynx database. This tutorial will assist you in performing an extract program
- Go to the Communications menu and select Extract Program
- Select the POS terminal/s you wish to extract data from
- Tick the checkboxes of the data you want to extract under Program Selection
- Click the Ok button
- If you are looking to add new items to your existing system, it is recommended that you add the items in the software database and then perform a Send Program to transmit that information to your POS terminal, rather than adding them in the POS terminal and performing an Extract Program. For information on how to do this, see our Creating New Items tutorial.
- Existing data in the software will be overwritten by the Extract Program procedure unless New Items Only (under Options) is selected.