It is highly recommended that you backup your Uniwell Lynx data file on a regular basis. It is also recommended that your perform a data backup before any database maintenance or software updates, as well as before and after any large scale changes to your data. This will reduce the risk of data loss in the event any system failures.
To backup your data file:
- Go to the File menu and select Backup Data File
- From this screen, tick any options required and then click Proceed
- Select where you wish to save your backup file, enter a file name and then click Save
Your data backup will then be performed
Forgetting to backup your data file?
Uniwell Lynx is equipped with a few different options to make sure you don't forget this important process.
- Set a data backup prompt - Uniwell Lynx can be set to remind you to backup your data file each time you exit the software. (Setup>Preferences>Tick 'Prompt for data backup on exit')
- Add it to a scheduled job - You can add an automatic data backup to any scheduled job. If you have a recurring scheduled job to collect sales at the end of trade, you could add this on to automatically back up your data file daily. (Communications>Scheduled Jobs>Add or Modify>Other>Tick 'Automatic Data Backup')
- Add it to every scheduled job - You can choose to have a data backup performed automatically after every scheduled communications job. (Setup>Preferences>Tick 'Automatic data backup after scheduled communications jobs')