Groups are an important part of the programming in your Uniwell POS terminal/s and they help to provide an organised structure. This tutorial is designed to guide you through the process of creating new Groups.
All items (PLUs and barcodes) are linked to a Group. Uniwell POS terminals can have up to 99 Groups, which can be further organised into up to 20 Major Groups.
To create a new group:
- Go to the Data menu and select Groups
- Click the Add button
- From this screen you can enter the required information for your new group
- Code – enter the numerical code that will be used to identify your Group
- Description – enter the collective name of your Group
- Tax Code – tick the checkbox beside the correct tax assignment for this Group (For further information regarding Tax Codes, please refer to our tutorial Correct Configuration of Tax Settings)
- Major Group – select the Major Group you wish this Group to belong to
- Once you have entered the needed information, click the Ok button to create your new group.
- To send your new group/s to your POS terminal/s, perform a Send Program
- For information on how to perform a Send Program, please refer to our separate tutorial.
- If you wish to edit your group/s in the future, you can do so by clicking the Modify button from the Groups screen (Data > Groups)
- The description of Major Groups can be modified by going to the Data menu and selecting Function Texts. From this screen select Major Groups from the Group drop-down menu. Click on the Major Group you wish to edit, click the modify button and adjust the description in the Report Text box. Click the Ok button to save your changes.
Article is closed for comments.