Meal Deals are a promotional feature of Uniwell POS terminals that businesses can take advantage of to simplify the running of promotions. They enable automated triggering of promotions as items are selected in the POS terminal. Uniwell Lynx allows you to easily set up these promotions and to analyse their success.
This tutorial is designed to help you with creating Meal Deal promotions.
Setting Up Items
An item first needs to be enabled as a 'Meal Deal Item' before it can be included in a meal deal.
- Go to the Data menu and select Items
- From the Item grid, select an item you want to add to your meal deal and click the Modify button
- Click the Type tab
- Tick the 'Meal Deal Item' checkbox
- Click the Ok button to save your changes
Creating Bucket Groups
Bucket Groups are the sets of items which are then added to a Meal Deal.
For example if a café wanted to run a 'Coffee and Cake' promotion, they would create two bucket groups; one for all their coffees and one for all their cakes. Then if a customer bought one item from each bucket group, the meal deal promotion would be automatically triggered.
Go to the Data menu and click on PLU Related. Then select Bucket Groups
- Select an unused bucket group and click the Modify button
- Fill in the Description field with a name for the bucket group such as 'Coffees'
- Click the Add PLU button to add the desired items to the bucket group
- Click the Ok button
Meal Deal Set Up
- Go the Data menu and click on PLU related. Then select Meal Deals
- Select an available meal deal promotion and click the Modify button
- From this screen you can enter the required information for your meal deal promotion
Description - enter a relevant name for your meal deal
Priority - choose the priority of the meal deal (this is the order in which the promotion will be applied if an item happens to belong to multiple meal deals)
Type - select the type of promotion you want to run from the dropdown menu
Discount/Spend - enter the applicable Discount or Spend values for your specific promotion
Bucket Groups - select up to 9 bucket groups for your Meal Deal
Factor - enter the amount of purchased items from each Bucket Group required to trigger the promotion
Discount Item - choose which item the meal deal discount will apply to and tick the Discount Item check box beside that item
Prompt Upsell - if selected, this option prompts the POS operator to suggest upsell opportunities when a meal deal item is added to a sale
Days/Times - if you wish to run your promotion only on certain days or at certain time, adjust these settings to suit
- Once you have entered the needed information, click the Ok button to create your meal deal promotion
- To send your meal deal promotion to your POS terminal/s, perform a Send Program with 'PLUs and 'Meal Deals' selected.
Meal Deal Analysis Report
A Meal Deal report is available in Uniwell Lynx to help you evaluate the success of your promotions. For this report to work, 'Meal Deal' must first be enabled in the Collect Sales Options for each POS terminal.
Article is closed for comments.